Tuesday, February 26, 2013

When to Wear White

As we are approaching March 1st and spring is right around the corner, many of us gals are beginning to wonder "When is it OK to wear white"?  There always seems to be that limbo period where it doesn't seem quite warm enough for white, but the stores are displaying whites for spring! #girlproblems!  

I've been asking around to a few of my friends, including IG friends and the consensus seems to be around mid-March, weather permitting.  Oh, how I wish I lived in a tropical climate! :)

Personally, I don't think I could have gotten through the winter without my Banana Republic Cocoon cords found here.  Let's face facts here...white goes with everything and looks crisp, clean and professional for work days.  

I've been thinking about the rules we used to live by when growing up...don't wear white after Labor Day or before Memorial Day, black and brown doesn't go together, black and navy was a big no no.  Who made up these rules?  I say we ditch them!! And I'm pretty sure some of us already have ;)


Here are some looks to transition white from Winter White to Summer White!

Outfit #1 Details
Coat J. Crew~ Pants J. Crew~ Shirt J. Crew~ Shoes Gap~  Bracelet Forever 21~ Earrings etsy~ Purse Kate Spade
Outfit #2 Details
Pants J. Crew~ Shirt J. Crew~ Shoes GapJacket J. Crew~ Bracelet Forever 21~ Wallet Kate Spade~ Earrings Loft~ Necklace J. Crew



P.S. can we just take a second to talk about the jean jacket as seen above?  I've always been a huge fan of the jean jacket and SO glad it seems to be making a comeback! So easy to throw on to make any outfit pure perfection:)


So, who's ready to throw the rule book out the window?  Tell me, how are you planning to style your whites this spring?
Thanks for reading!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment