Hello dear readers!! I had one heck of a busy weekend this weekend! My husband's cousin is getting married and the bride's bachelorette party was this past Saturday. I was in desperate need to have a nice tan for the festivities...I'm sorry but me, being a pasty color while in a dress just doesn't cut it! My best friend has always spoke so highly of St.Tropez self tanning mousse, so I decided to give it a whirl!
- Shower and exfoliate all rough areas of the body, especially elbows, knees, ankles, and wrists.
- Moisturize in plentiful amounts around rough areas and near eyebrows and hair line.
- Use applicator mitt to apply mousse in downward strokes all over your body, trying not to leave any streaks or uneven amounts.
- Let dry for 60 seconds, dress in clothes you don't care about, preferably shorts and a tank top.
- Let dry for about an hour and reapply. *This step is only if you feel you haven't gotten a dark enough base.
- Dry for another 60 seconds before getting dressed. Dry for 4 hours and then shower gently. Do not wash with soap, only rinse off! If you must use soap, steer clear of Dove or Ivory because it has products within it that are known to remove self tanning products.
I was beyond thrilled with the final product! I even received many compliments that night on how natural and even it looked...score!
So, what do you think? Have you ever used self tanner before? I'd love to hear which self tanners are your favorites!