Monday, July 1, 2013

4th of July: From Day to Night!

Do you have any fun plans for the 4th of July?  This time of year is extra special to me, not only because I love my country, but also because the hubby and I got married the day before the 4th of July.  We're celebrating 2 years this week and I'm super excited for our plans!  We're headed to the Poconos tomorrow for a 2-night stay at an all inclusive spa resort.  There's nothing that I love more than spending quality time with my hubby...oh, and the fireworks aren't too bad either ;)  We're lucky enough to have fireworks every year on our anniversary...how cool is that!?

4th of july
Details

J.Crew j crew dress / River Island bikini, / River Island bikini swimwear, / J.Crew straw tote / J.Crew lens case / Juicy Couture wide brim hat / Butter London red lip gloss / Hawaiian tropic / Essie / American Flag Beach Towel

I fell in love with this blue and white striped dress from French Connection the minute I laid eyes on it on Bloomingdales.com.  They paired it so tastefully with mahogany and gold tones. It was lust at first sight!  I always love French Connection dresses because they are affordable for the average girl on a budget who likes cute clothes...AKA, me!
red, white and blue
Details

DV by Dolce Vita sandals / Rebecca Minkoff 100 leather handbag / Marc by Marc Jacobs leather watch / Bracelet bangle / Marc by Marc Jacobs star jewelry / FRENCH CONNECTION DressDVF Scarf

I really love how this dress pulls off patriotic without going overboard with stars and stripes.
I was never the one to dress overly patriotic with holidays, such as the 4th.  I always preferred to pull off a themed look without it looking too theme-y.  Does that make any sense?  
No matter what I choose to wear on the 4th, I know how blessed I am to be born an American, and for that I am truly grateful! 

God Bless America! 
I hope everyone has a safe, fun-filled 4th!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment