Monday, March 4, 2013

Weekend Getaway

Every so often my husband and I like to escape for the weekend and take a breather from the hustle and bustle of the lower NY area.  We spent Sunday at my husband's family country house about 2 hours upstate from where we live.

When we left our house it was sunny and about 50 degrees. By the time we made it up to the country...it was snowing and a freezing 30 degrees!  But hey, we got to relax by the cozy fire...can't beat that!





Outfit Details
J. Crew Vest (sold out in this color) Similar Style here ~ J. Crew Tissue Turtleneck Tee~ Old Navy Flannel Plaid Shirt (sold out in this color) Similar Style and Color here ~ J. Crew Factory Pearls ~ NY&Co Boyfriend Jeans-old Similar Style here ~ Bracelets Gold Bangles Target, Chain Link TJMaxx, Leather studded from vendor in mall ~ Latigo Booties from Macys (Sold out) Similar Style here

What a relaxing way to spend Sunday.  Wishing it didn't have to end so soon!
xoxo

9 comments:

  1. Love!!! Ok - so these turtlenecks are the BEST! I am wearing my pink one todaxy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily! I want one in every color!! They are so cozy and great for layering...I wear this one ALL THE TIME!!
      xox

      Delete
  2. Love this!! I just ordered that tissue turtleneck in mint on sale. I've been obsessed for awhile and one popped back online in my size!! Sounds like the perfect, relaxing Sunday! Probably what your husband needed, too, with busy season!

    xoxo Meghan
    www.everydayfashionandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I wanted the mint one too, but cannot project too many more wears because it seems to be getting warmer over here (watch me jinx myself). Yes, it was very relaxing...my hubby loves it up there...brings back childhood memories of hunting with his grandfather!
      xox

      Delete
  3. I adore you for wearing pearls in the country!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! My mom said the same thing!! Lumberjack with pearls...digging it:)

      Delete
  4. Just found your blog! It's adorable, and so are you!

    Newest follower:)

    Elise @ Hunters of Happiness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elise! Thank you:) I just checked out your blog and love it! I'll be sure to add it to my reads:)
      xox

      Delete
  5. Love the plaid and excursion vest! Totally my go-to when I want to be warm and comfy!! (I might own three, hahaha)

    xoxo

    Kelly
    kellyinthecity.com

    ReplyDelete